Saturday, June 30, 2012

Red Cross Pet First Aid

Today I was very fortunate to be able to attend a Pet First Aid class given by the American Red Cross.  This class included both dog and cat first aid training.  I learned how to deal with many possible emergencies like injuries and illnesses.  Some other points of interest include:  giving dog medications, how to properly prepare for a disaster, and how to know if it's a medical emergency.  I highly recommend this short class for the anyone working in the animal industry, and even the average pet owner.  It's always good to know what to do when a loved one needs your help.  You even get a little card for your wallet signifying that you are certified in Pet First Aid by the American Red Cross.

Below is some of my friends that helped teach me how to properly do CPR on an animal and how to help a dog choking on an object.  Thanks for all your help guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment