Monday, April 30, 2012

Positive Gun-Dog Training Weekend

I was delighted to be able to work with my mentor once again, Inga From (head trainer at Midwest Animal Rescue Services), helping her with a weekend seminar.  Furthermore, I was very excited to be able to meet an amazing dog training from England, Helen Phillips.

Inga is one of only a handful of trainers in the United States that teaches positive reinforcement training for hunting dogs.  Helen has been using positive training for hunting dogs in the UK for 25 years and gave an amazing seminar over the weekend.  Many people attended from all over the United States and Canada.  Although I am not a hunter and will never do this sort of training myself, I believe it is very important to learn as much as I can about all types of dog training.  I also had a wonderful time helping out people as I learned alongside them, and got to meet a lot of other trainers as well.

If you are interested in learning a really great non-traditional way to train your dog for hunting, please consider Positive Gun Dogs of Minnesota, with local trainer Inga From.


Helen Phillips in the classroom.


Helen demonstrating in the field.



Helen Phillips & Athena

Athena & Inga From

Some of the weekends participants.




No comments:

Post a Comment